About Freefly Alta 8 Pro
Introducing the Alta Pro line of Multirotor Drones
The Alta Pro line builds on the exceptional first generation of Freefly drones. We’ve added waypoint technology to allow preprogrammed movements and autopilot functionality. Next generation eight-rotor drone with Freefly waypoint technology and capable of 20 lbs payloads.
Upgrading the Way You Fly
Alta 8 Pro forges new paths in autonomous movement with its state-of-the-industry technology stack. Open PX4 integration means you can expect silky-smooth implementations including:
• Complex waypoint-guided autopilot
• PX4, QGroundControl and Pixhawk flight planning
• Third-party app / utility integration using dronecode or mavlink
• Advanced, high-bandwidth position hold
Alta 8 Pro utilizes Toad in the Hole quick release at top and bottom for unparalleled speed and flexibility.
Efficient and lightweight architecture means exceptional flight time, even with demanding payloads.
Alta 8 Pro transforms from the world’s most capable drone to the most portable in minutes, thanks to folding props and folding swan neck booms.
Built to Perform
Balancing performance and efficiency, the Alta 8 Pro airframe weighs only 13lbs but can carry a 20 lbs payload.
Alta 8 Pro continues the Alta legacy as the first multi-rotor drone to accept a camera on the top of the airframe.
By fusing GPS data with our IMU and barometer, the Alta 8 Pro is able to hold position even in difficult weather conditions.
The Alta 8 Pro utilizes sinusoidal motor drives that are custom tuned to match the F45 and are optimized for speed, reliability and robustness.
Alta 8 Pro fuses readings from accelerometers, barometer and GPS to create high-bandwidth height control flight mode.
Long range telemetry modems give the user access to real time mission planning and critical flight information from 1000+ feet away.
Closed Loop Control
The Alta silent drive motor controls have incredible closed-loop control of the propellers.
Cutting Edge Software
The completely redesigned Alta Pro flight controller runs open PX4 flight stack for quick and powerful interfacing.
• PX4 mission autopilot
• Advanced, high-bandwidth position hold
• User-definable LED lights for maximum pilot visibility
From case to landing, we’ve honed every step of the Alta Pro experience to give the pilot an edge over the competition.
• Case to flying in under 2 minutes
• Integrated payload quick release on top and bottom
• Folds flat with no tools
Precision Meets Power
Freefly’s proprietary motors and motor drives give Alta Pro drones unmatched capacity. Pilots can turn on a dime while carrying industry-leading payloads.
• Capable of 20 lbs payloads
• Silent drive technology for low noise and precise closed loop control of propellers
• 10-year proven Freefly reliability and robustness
- Number of Motors
- Motor Type
- Direct Drive 3-Phase PMAC Outrunner
- Motor Model
- Motor Continuous Power Output
- Motor Instantaneous Peak Power
- Electronic Speed Controller
- Freefly Silent-Drive Sine Wave ESC
- Carbon fiber with balsa core
- Propeller Orientation
- 4x CW and 4x CCW Props
- Propeller Type
- 18 x 6 Folding
Battery (Not Included)Jump to…
- Nominal Battery Voltage
- Maximum Battery Quantity
- 2x Battery Packs (Parallel)
- Battery Connectors
- 2x EC5 (Parallel)
- Required Min Battery Discharge Rating
- 250A / 500A Peak
Flight ControllerJump to…
- Model Name
- Freefly Synapse Flight Controller
- Flight Modes
- Supported Inputs
- DSMX, DSM2, S.Bus, S.Bus2, PPM, FPV SD
- Supported Radios
- Futaba S.Bus & S.Bus2
DSMX, DSM2 (Spektrum/JR)
PPM, PPM Invert, PPM Graupner
- Supported Radio Controller Telemetry
- Futaba with built-in voltage sense port
- Minimum Radio Controller Channels Req.
- Supported GNSS
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- Supported SBAS
- QZSS, WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS
- Supported First-Person View Transmitters
- First-Person View OSD Telemetry
- User Configurable
- Installed Transceivers
- Data Logging Rate
- Maximum Gross for Takeoff
- 18.1kg (39.90 lbs)
- Maximum Useful Load
- 12kg (26.46 lbs)
- Maximum Payload
- 9.1kg (20.06 lbs)
Specific LoadingsJump to…
- Typical Specific Power
- Thrust Ratio at Max Takeoff Weight
Lighting and IndicationJump to…
- Status Light
- 1-Watt Red, 1-Watt White LED
- Orientation Lights
- 3 Watt RGB LEDs
- Orientation Light Color
- Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, White
Isolation SystemJump to…
- Vibration Isolation System
- Silicone O-Rings
- Isolation System Options
- Soft/Light Payloads: Red O-Rings
Medium/Mid Payloads: Teal O-Rings
Stiff/Heavy Payloads: Black O-Rings
Payload MountingJump to…
- Mounting Locations
- Bottom and Top Mount
- Mounting System
- Freefly Toad In The Hole Quick Release
Powerplant LimitationsJump to…
- Maximum RPM
- Maximum Battery Voltage
- 25.2 Volts
- Minimum Average Battery Voltage
- 19.2 Volts
Environmental LimitationsJump to…
- Environmental Limitations
- Do not fly ALTA 8 in temperatures exceeding 45 deg. C (113 deg. F) or below -20 deg. C (-4 deg. F)
Flight Controller LimitsJump to…
- Maximum Pitch/Roll Angle
- 45 deg.
- Maximum Yaw Rate
- 150 deg. /second
Unfolded Diameter: 1325mm (52.17″)
Folded: 660mm (25.98″)
Height to base of Toad In The Hole (TITH): 263mm (10.35″)
Maximum Battery Size (Not Included): 240 x 180 x 80mm (9.45 x 7.09 x 3.15″)
- Typical Standard Empty: 6.2kg (13.67 lbs