Built to fly. Made with care.
The Freefly Alta 8 expands the capabilities of the Alta line of multi-rotors for their most demanding customers who want to carry the largest cinema payloads on the market. Unpack and be ready to shoot in under five minutes thanks to quick release top and bottom trays, swan-neck carbon booms and proprietary carbon propellers.
Confidently fly professional payloads weighing up to 20-pounds knowing that you are guided by the industry-leading SYNAPSE Flight Controller (sold separately). Capture cinematic aerial shots from any perspective with the ability to mount the MoVI on top. Take your productions to the next level with the Alta 8 and tackle each challenge you face as an aerial cinematographer head-on.
The Alta 8 UAV comes fully assembled and includes all the necessary tools and accessories you will need to mount a MoVI and get it flying. The standard Alta drone ships with a Quick Release Top Handle, Inverted Landing Gear, FPV mount plate, cables to connect your personal receivers and/or FPV system and mechanical tools to disassemble & inspect your UAV.
The Freefly SYNAPSE combines high quality calibrated sensors with proprietary control algorithms to allow users to execute complex flight patterns with ease.
• Integrated On-Screen Display
• High-Bandwith Position Control
• Vertical and Ground Velocity Speed Limits
• Live Graphing
• Dual Receivers
• Tested for Tears By Industry’s Best Pilots
Built to Perform
Custom designed motors and motor drives strike a perfect balance between performance and efficiency and set the standard for heavy lift multi rotors. The ALTA airframe weighs only 13 lbs, but carries a 20 lb payload.
The ALTA utilizes sinusoidal drive motor controls with proprietary control algorithms developed by the Freefly engineering team. The motor drives are custom tuned to match the F45 and are optimized for speed, reliability, and robustness. The motor drives are constantly monitoring a variety of parameters and reporting status to the SYNAPSE.
• Motor Temp
• Motor Current
• Motor RPM
• Motor Power
• Motor Vibration
The Alta mobile app gives pilots quick and easy access to critical flight information including:
• Flight Pack Voltage
• Satellite Count
• Flight Mode
• Pilot Checklists
• Vibration Levels
Freefly Alta 8 Features
- Big Impact. Small Footprint: The ALTA transforms from the world’s most capable drone, to the most portable, in minutes thanks to its folding props, folding swan neck booms, and Toad in the Hole quick release system.
- The ALTA 8 folds to 50% of its operating size: The most packable drone in its class.
- Look to the Sky: ALTA is the first multi-rotor to accept a camera on the top of the airframe. Explore a completely new world of filmmaking possibilities with SkyView.
- From case to filming in minutes: Designed to make your life as an elite aerial cinematographer easier, the ALTA arrives in a custom pelican case and is ready to unfold and fly.
- SYNAPSE: The Freefly SYNAPSE combines high quality calibrated sensors with proprietary control algorithms to allow users to execute complex flight patterns with ease.
- Precise Positioning: By using the latest in GPS technology and fusing that data with our IMU and Barometer, the ALTA is able to hold position even in difficult weather conditions. For industrial users this gives the ability to execute complex flight paths while keeping pilot fatigue low.
- Velocity Clamps: The SYNAPSE features velocity control with an adjustable real time speed limit. This means pilots can alter the vertical and ground velocities to ensure precise and repeatable camera moves.
- Height Hold: The SYNAPSE flight controller takes readings from accelerometers, barometer, and GPS and fuses them together to create high-bandwidth height control flight mode.
- ALTA moves like no other drone: Freefly has been leading the industry in camera movement for over a decade. Freefly learned early that a key ingredient to unforgettable shots is the ability to move the camera dynamically.
- All the Right Angles: The ALTA allows the pilot to command up to a 45 degree angle. This allows smooth, precise, and dynamic control of camera movement.