About Meade LX850-ACF
The Meade LX850-ACF 10″ f/8 Advanced Coma-Free Telescope System is the new standard in astrophotograhic and visual performance. The fast f/8 Advanced Coma Free optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors and extreme wide angle eyepieces. Includes StarLock dual imager integrated full time guider, Ultra Precision Pointing and Assisted Drift Alignment, 5.8″ 225 tooth polished bronze worm/gear drives with low periodic error, internal cable routing, GPS receiver, AutoStar II GOTO system with over 144,000 object library, heavy-duty adjustable height tripod with anti-vibration pads, Universal AC Adapter, Meade Zero Image Shift Electronic Micro-Focuser, telescope to computer USB cable and AutoStar Suite software.
Features top of the line Meade Advanced Coma Free (ACF) optical design offering the coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter image fields greatly desired by discerning amateur astronomers, astrophotographers and professional observatories alike. This patented system also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffraction spikes found in classical RC designs.
This 10″ LX850 has 10″ diameter f/8 ACF optics (focal length 2032mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The all new OTA includes an internal Crayford style zero image shift focusing system with two speed, 7:1 reduction control.
Includes StarLock- the revolutionary new technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic. With Meade’s exclusive LightSwitch technology at its core, StarLock uses an 80mm f/5 optic and two camera sensor system to provide computer assisted polar alignment using the drift method. Once aligned the StarLock is guiding the mount in real time and even automatically programs periodic error correction, achieving a guiding accuracy of up to 1 arcsecond in good seeing and with the capability of guiding on stars as faint as 11th magnitude.
The LX850 mount, constructed of machined stainless steel and aircraft grade aluminum is a rock solid platform for the most demanding applications, with a 90 lbs payload capacity and pointing accuracy as good as one arcminute. Features include precision roller bearings on each axis, a 1.75 stainless steel RA shaft, 5.8″ main gears, fine manual adjustment controls on both axis, illuminated reticle output port. Mount main body weight is 55 lbs. The fully height adjustable (29 to 45″) tripod features massive 3″ diameter legs for rock steady performance and weighs 36 lbs. Includes two 26 lbs stainless steel counterweights, additional weights sold separately.
Meade LX850-ACF Features
- Optical Tube Assembly: Telescope system can be focused on objects from a distance of about 200′ (60.96m) to infinity
- Optical Tube Assembly: 8 x 50mm viewfinder is a wide-field sighting scope with crosshairs that enable easy centering of objects in the telescope eyepiece
- Optical Tube Assembly: ACF collimation adjustment screws can be used to fine tune the OTA’s optical alignment
- Optical Tube Assembly: Low-expansion borosilicate glass primary mirror
- Optical Tube Assembly: Low-expansion borosilicate glass secondary mirror is individually configured with the primary mirror for minimum correction
- Optical Tube Assembly: Correcting Plate/Lens: Aspheric high-spectral transmission Borofloat glass from Schott AG, Germany
- Optical Tube Assembly: Zero image shift micro-focuser is used for precision remote focusing
- German Equatorial Mount: Mount body is machined from solid 6061-T6 aircraft-grade anodized aluminum and stainless steel
- German Equatorial Mount: AutoStar II Handbox can be used to command the telescope to automatically slew to any object in the night sky
- German Equatorial Mount: Handbox holder provides a convenient place to store your AutoStar II box and keeps it close at hand for easy access
- German Equatorial Mount: Starlock Permanent Periodic Error Correction allows for correction retention in the AutoStar’s memory until it is overwritten
- German Equatorial Mount: StarLock Narrow Field OTA can be used to precisely guide the LX850 StarLock system
- German Equatorial Mount: StarLock Widefield OTA allows you to orient the telescope in relation to the sky
- German Equatorial Mount: Control panel comes with an on / off switch, 12VDC power connector, electronic focus port, illuminated reticle eyepiece port, 12VDC output, handbox port, RS232 port, StarLock port, auxiliary autoguider port
- German Equatorial Mount: Double line, 16-character LCD and 20 backlit LED buttons
- German Equatorial Mount: Semi-automatic drift align procedure allows for precise polar alignment
- German Equatorial Mount: Latitude adjustment and lock knobs as well as azimuth adjustment knob and lock bolts
- German Equatorial Mount: Altitude Scale allows you set the latitude of the observing site using the latitude adjustment knob
- German Equatorial Mount: GPS sensor can be used to get precise date, time and location of your observing site using global positioning satellites
- German Equatorial Mount: DC servo motors come with encoders on both axes
- Tripod: Leg lock can be used for locking the leg extension in place
- Tripod: Spreader bar rigidly holds legs open
- Tripod: Extension arms ensure that the tripod legs remain in the set position
- Tripod: Tension hub ensures that the tension in the extension arms is uniform and they remain stretched in the set position
- Tripod: Anti-vibration pads reduce vibrations and shorten damp-down time